Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Austen Card Set 1

In a continuing homage to Jane Austen's December birthday, this is the first Austen-themed card set I ever created. My Austen stamps had previously gotten a small work out on a scrap paper notepad and a couple last minute bookmarks, but nothing strenuous.


Of my multi-colored, pre-cut card bases, somehow the salmon/coral colored bases have been my least frequently used. Wanting to reduce my stash, I teamed the coral card bases with some matching ribbon and white lace from my stash, along with a stamp from my Austen Gallery "Jane Austen" set.
Here's how this card came together:
  • Die cut 6 pieces from the DCWV Luxury Stack using Spellbinders Label Five die, sponge edges with Distress vintage photo ink. Stamp Austen stamp using StazOn ink. (Remember in my last post when I said I didn't have any StazOn and used Versafine on the coated paper instead? That was this card. Yes, it really took over a week to dry! Don't do that at home, folks.)
  • Cut banners from DCWV Dear Jane Stack, stamp coordinating Austen quote with StazOn ink.
  • Stamp card base with Papertrey Ink's "Delightful Doilies" in white ink to create a subtle background. Glue lace to right edge of card front.
  • Tie ribbon to die cut, then slide in feather and set using glue dot. I also added a dab of glue to the back of the ribbon to keep the bow from sliding sideways.
  • Cut paper doilies in half and glue to back of die cut, then glue the set to card.
  • In preparation for adhering the sentiment banner, I added some random coral polka-dotted sticky flags to the card first, then adhered the banner using pop dots. Finished!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment