Monday, October 24, 2022

Creative Challenges

Apologies for the long delay between posts; life got busy and interesting and there wasn't a lot of crafting going on for a few years. There was a relocation, a large and extended remodel during which my craft supplies were packed up, more active fostering, some pregnancies, and a birth!

During the first couple years of getting into the rhythms of parenting a youngster, "creative" time frequently was spent cleaning off my desk and trying to feel at home again in my craft room. There were a few projects: a 1st birthday album (that was completed sometime around the 18 month mark), some thank you cards for a job interview (completed several months into working said job), and a set of Halloween "BOO" letters that I thought were done but I may tinker with some more. You get the picture; drawn out projects that are completed much past their timely aims!

Without time to really settle into creating, I have been feeling adrift and blank when I sit at my desk. So I started thinking about creative challenges. These can take many forms, but I landed on a hybrid of a playing cards challenge and the Index Card A Day (ICAD) challenge. There's not a chance in... well, you know, that I can complete a card a day. But a card a week? That's doable. So isn't it very convenient that there are 52 cards in a deck of playing cards?


Without further ado or descriptions of supplies or techniques (maybe next time), here is week 1's finished card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment