Here's the card I made for my man: I started out with the 24 SEVEN journal card as inspiration. This called for a larger card base, so I upcycled food packaging cardboard to make a 6" x 6" base.
Paper layers, from bottom up:
- stash paper, mini brown & blue floral
- scrap paper in yellow Moroccan print & musical tissue paper
- journal card dyed with Tim Holtz Weathered Wood Distress Stain and triple-edged with stain to add depth; initial journal card wasn't too sturdy after being stained, so reinforced back with a layer of Kraft paper (Holtz stains are available cheaply from Joann Stores during sales or with coupons)
- gold adhesive arrow and twine glued into heart-shape over upcycled carpet pad netting
- three layers of Recollections floral embellishments: pale mint green, yellow & green checked, and distressed black - tied with plastic straw-like material upcycled from gift packaging
- finished off with one large champagne rhinestone, because I love the subtlety of champagne-colored bling
Make My Monday "Hearts and Flowers" challenge
The Kraft Journal's "Valentine's" challenge #209
Fairytale challenge #100 "Something with a heart"
The Crazy Challenge #190 "Love"
Naughty or Nice Challenge #12 "Love/Anti-Love"
Inspiration Destination "anything goes" challenge #19
Clear It Out Challenge "anything goes/anything goes"
Catch The Bug challenge "anything goes"
Craftyhazelnuts Patterned Paper February 2015 challenge
Your Scrapbook Place February challenge "anything goes"
Crafting By Designs February Anything Goes Challenge
Word Art Wednesdays Anything Goes Challenge #169
Crafting From The Heart Anything Goes Challenge #45
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge #212 "With Love" - Winner!
Creative Fingers Challenge #66 "anything goes"
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges #84 "Love Is In The Air"
Sisters of Craft February Anything Goes Challenge
Craft Your Passion Challenges #247 - February Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations challenge #124 "Anything Goes With a Twist of Hearts"
Creative Moments challenge #61 "Anything Goes/Love"
Scrapper's Delights challenge #40 "Anything Goes"