I loved making this card because it gave me a good reason to use my Flonzcraft crying skeleton stamp. I have the crying, praying, and thinking skeleton stamps; I love all three!
Here's how this card came together:
- Since I started with sepia & black inks and yellow measuring washi tape, I opted to use a Kraft card base.
- Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink sponged lightly to color the front card edges, then dry embossed the card using the Darice ruler embossing folder.
- Flonzcraft crying skeleton stamp in the Holtz Tea Dye on a Walmart (i)Phone Sticky Note.
- Used one of the StudioG Series 4 Alphabets to stamp the sentiment "measure the moments" in ColorBox black pigment ink, and lightly smeared all the inked letters.
- After assessing how all the pieces were coming together, the Tea Dye over the dry embossing didn't tie the card together well enough, so I sponge-wiped ColorBox black pigment ink lightly over the embossed design (don't currently have black dye ink on hand, and the pigment ink is too sticky and dark for light sponge applications).
- Used scissors to mildly distress the edges of a piece of black DCWV Glitzy Glitter cardstock 1/4" larger than the Walmart Phone Sticky Note, taped & glued both papers together and down to card, added a piece of measuring washi tape to the right side and a clear rhinestone on button of "phone".
- Stapled three mini pheasant-like feathers together, adhered to card with two mini Glue Dots.
Entered in the:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #90 - Numbers - Winner!
A Step In The Dark's "Anything Goes" challenge #14
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge for February "Use a stamp or digi"
Inspiration Destination "anything goes" challenge #19
Clear It Out Challenge "anything goes/anything goes"
Catch The Bug challenge "anything goes"
Your Scrapbook Place February challenge "anything goes/masculine card"
Party Time Tuesdays challenge #195 "anything goes"
Loves Rubberstamps challenge #137 "anything goes"
Sister Act Card Challenge #92 "anything goes"
Crafting By Designs February Anything Goes Challenge
Crafting From The Heart Anything Goes Challenge #45
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog #132 "anything goes"
Creative Fingers Challenge #66 "anything goes"
Sisters of Craft February Anything Goes Challenge
Craft Your Passion Challenges #247 - February Anything Goes
Scrapper's Delights challenge #40 "Anything Goes"